AWANA will tentatively begin on October 7, 2020!
Register here TODAY!
*scroll to bottom for COVID-19 related details
What Are Awana Clubs?
Awana stands for “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed”, a phrase taken from 2 Timothy 2:15. It’s a worldwide program that fosters disciple-making in children through Scripture memorization, fun activities, and family participation.
Fleetwood Bible Church hosts Awana every Wednesday evening (from September through May) for children 3 years old through 6th grade. Each week children can work toward achievement awards by participating in council time, handbook time, and game time.
God is literally changing the world through Awana Ministries:
- 92% of Awana alumni still attend church weekly or more often.
- Awana alumni are 3.6 times more likely to read their Bible several times a week.
- 70% of Awana alumni say they witness to their friends at least once a month.
Fleetwood Bible Church uses Awana because Awana provides proven resources that help families develop lifelong disciples of Christ. The following clubs are available at FBC:
Cubbies for Children Ages 3-5
“Cubbies” celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son, and His Word.
Preschoolers can hardly wait for their next Cubbies meeting. Whether it’s the fun puppets, the exciting games, or all of their Cubbies friends, they simply love it. At Story Time each week, preschoolers learn about God—the greatness of His love and His Word—and about His Son, Jesus Christ, the promised Savior. Non-competitive games build excitement and reinforce Story Time lesson themes.
Cubbies helps you lead your child to God early so your child will respect and trust Him for life.
Sparks for Children Grades K-2
“Sparks” ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
To many children in kindergarten to second grade, Sparks is the highlight of the week. They love their red vests, the exciting games, and spending time with leaders and friends. Each year, Sparks clubbers:
- explore the biographies of people of the Bible from a new portion of Scripture
- memorize Bible verses
- complete handbook activities
The handbooks, combined with Large Group Time lessons, take your child on a journey through the entire Bible!
T&T for Children Grades 3-6
“T&T” engages 3rd through 6th graders by answering their questions about God and the Bible, guiding them through this pivotal life stage to grow in the grace of Jesus Christ.
Handbooks and large-group lessons deepen a child’s knowledge about God and His Word, and teach how to put that knowledge into action in everyday life. T&T comprises two clubs with distinct curriculum, uniforms, and awards:
- T&T Ultimate Adventure for 3rd and 4th graders
- T&T Ultimate Challenge for 5th and 6th graders
The ultimate message to kids of every age group is that nothing is more important than their relationship with Christ and following His way of living in the Scriptures.
For more information about the Children’s Ministry at Fleetwood Bible Church, check out the links to the right, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID- 19 information
- Children will not be required to wear masks
- Social distancing will be practiced when possible
- There will be assigned seating.
- We will be disinfecting all touch surfaces after each group leaves an area before the next group comes in.
- We will offer virtual "council time" options for each group at alternating times so that families can participate on one device instead of needing multiple devices for different aged children.
- We will accept parents "signing-off" on their child's sections. Parents will have to document this with the leaders. Clubbers cannot do this on their own.
- The schedule will be flexible and parents will be made aware of changes as quickly as possible.